You woke me up!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Beginning

This is a journal of my life as an adored, lovable pet. I’m starting this story a little after the fact, but I thought it would be a good idea if I told you a little about my life before I became a beloved and pampered pet.

My sister, Crystal, and I (originally named Olivia), were born to a nice furry Mama at a local Humane Society Shelter. That very same day the three of us were taken to a foster family. This family consisted of a nice lady, her husband, two kids, and a really BIG (but friendly) dog.

I spent my first 9 weeks with my foster family. My sister, furry Mama, and I had a room all to ourselves with lots of fun things to play with. My furry Mama taught us how to play and also how to use the litter box.

One day a nice lady came to visit us, to see if one of us could be her companion. She said that she had recently lost her beloved Siamese cat that had been with her for over 18 years. I figured she must be a pretty nice human if she had kept her other pet that long.

Crystal and I played with our toys and generally showed off our winsome personalities. The nice lady talked to our foster family for awhile. I think they both wanted to be sure that one of us would be a good choice. The nice lady decided that she wanted to have me for her companion (because I’m just so darn cute!), so we made a trip to the animal shelter so I could get a microchip and also get started on my vaccinations. I had to stay overnight for this part, and I wasn’t too happy about staying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment