You woke me up!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fun Time

Fun Time

Since a cat’s age is equal to about 9 times a human’s I could be considered a toddler (you know: The Terrible Two’s). I am told that I am living up to that ‘title’ quite a bit. I can run around the house and get into a lot of things for periods of time and then I just jump into my human’s lap and take very long naps. Actually I think she likes that because she likes it when I cuddle with her.

My human and I love to play together, but for a while my sharp claws caused a lot of ‘owie’s’ on my human. That made playing together not so much fun for her. Things are much better now. We had a long talk and decided that if I didn’t have my front claws we could have a lot more fun together. Some people don’t approve of this, but everyone was really kind to me and made sure I didn’t have a bunch of pain. My human even came to visit and hold me during my stay at the Vet Hospital, so I knew she loved me a lot. Even the workers there spoiled me and said I was really cute!

I am now over 5 months old and I guess you could say I ‘rule the roost’! I play with some fun toys, a lot of which are paper sacks, cloth grocery bags, empty toilet paper rolls, and even the plastic wrap off of a 12 roll pack of toilet paper. I have a stuffed fishy that is about 3-4 inches long and I like to pick it up with my mouth and then run around the house with it. I also have a couple of cloth balls that are only about 1 ½ inches diameter so I can pick them up too. I have fun hiding the balls so my human can hunt for them. Sometimes she will find them in my food dish.

Another fun thing is to get up on my human’s desk when she is trying to use the computer. I can walk on the keyboard (when she is trying to type) and also sit in front of the monitor until she either moves me off the desk or gives up.

I like to climb up the mini blinds. They are like a ladder, and it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately my human does NOT like this. She frowns and scolds me, but usually I just look at her and do it anyway! That is when I get exiled to the back bedroom which is called my playroom. Some days I spend a lot of time there because I won’t leave the blinds alone. My bathroom is right there so I don’t have any ‘accidents’. I understand all of this so I just make the best of it and play with things in there and take naps.
When I first came to live here with my human I only weighed 2 pounds 3 ounces. I now weight almost 6 pounds so I am definitely not starving here. I have lived here for almost 3 months and I’m really happy. My human loves me a lot and I think she enjoys my company.

No comments:

Post a Comment